This won’t be the typical July 4th weekend. So we’re going to help you escape the stress of the everyday world and take a 3-day breather.
June 29, 2020
This July 4th weekend will be different than any we’ve celebrated in the past. It’s a strange, scary, unsettling time in the world. We’re wearing masks and missing family, friends and coworkers we care about. We all have a lot of questions about where things go from here.
Since we’re coming up on a mostly fireworks-free, stay-at-home three-day weekend, we thought it would be a great time to escape the reality of everyday life, pop a cork, crack a beer, and leave the news and the negativity behind.
Voila: The Red White and Relax Weekend on 94.1 The Sound!
We’ll provide the relaxing soundtrack for your whole weekend, along with tips and tricks for unwinding, on the air and at .
Got a hammock like that one in the picture above? This is the weekend to use it.
Wondering what to do with that set of essential oils someone gave you for your birthday? Time to pull them out and let the lavender oil work its calming magic.
Sharing your place with a furry four-legged friend? Try some uninterrupted cuddle time — therapeutic for both of you.
When I’m stressed out, my go-to relaxation techniques include a long, relaxing bath, a soothing cup of tea, or 20 minutes of meditation in my favorite comfy chair.
We’re not going to solve all the problems of the world, but we can take a break from the noise and the mayhem. Maybe we’ll all come out of the weekend with a rosier outlook and more balanced in our lives.
Just to get you started, here’s a list of 15 things you can do to reduce stress and relax:
- Take slow deep breaths for 20 minutes and let your mind go blank.
- Soak in a warm bath
- Practice Mindful Meditation.
- Try and visualize your calm.
- Take a long walk while thinking about all the positive things in your life.
- Make yourself some tea. For relaxation, look for chamomile, valerian, peppermint, lavender, rosehip, and green tea.
- Buy a hammock, set it up in your backyard, and fall asleep in it
- Give yourself a 5-minute hand massage.
- Roll a tennis ball under your feet.
- Massage your scalp.
- Write down your thoughts. Putting in writing the things that are stressing you out can give you a fresh perspective. Or take a few minutes to list the things, events, experiences, people, pets and places in your life that you’re grateful for.
- Light a high-quality candle. It doesn’t have to be dark outside for a candle with the right fragrance to work its magic on your surroundings and your mood.
- Try aromatherapy with essential oils. Use a diffuser, combine a couple of drops with some unscented lotion, or just unscrew a vial and take a whiff or two. Best for relaxing and stress relief: Lavender, bergamot, lemongrass, neroli, and ylang-ylang.
- Even simpler: Slowly peel an orange and inhale as you go. An easy, inexpensive stress reliever.
- Cuddle with your furry friend. If you’ve got a dog or a cat in the house, take some time to pet them, hug them, or talk sweetly to them. They’ll like it, and it’ll calm you too
Let us help you! Take a breath, leave your worries behind, turn up the relaxing favorites, and enjoy our Red, White & Relax Weekend on The New 94.1 The Sound!